Saturday, November 15, 2008

PERFORMANCE NOTES MADE AT BUNDANON

PRE PERFORMANCE NOTES MADE AT BUNDANON

Im interested in my body as an animal. Im looking forward to what is going to happen to my body . ive made a series of nettle teas and peppermint teas as well as some salts to replenish . I feel very nourished even though I have eaten little in the last few days . ive been slowing down my digestive system . im not undertaking this experience as a spiritual journey . however I think that biology can dictate the spiritual . nature can guide what is considered spiritual . in a way im going to face my own fears . to no longer fear the dark . im going to make a pony and some fruit . and a slab to lay upon . im not going to wrap everything

i love driving the dirt road the total removal from the city life.

bundanon is a beautiful property . it captures the rugged nature of the australian bush as well as its rural pastoralist past.

Im planning to make some beautiful images and eventually design a book . I may write while im under too . Under . under what . under where .


BODY
Ive been a on a staple diet over the last few days . eating mostly fruit and decoction . the licorish root and fennel is sweet . I enjoy it with a little honey . ive not had any caffeine or smoked or sugar or dairy

Saturday
Decoction 3 times a day . normal diet . Fruit

Began Ascension Twice a day

Sunday
Decoction . Fruit

Monday
Pinapple . Fruit and Veg only . Pineapple

Tuesday
PawPaw . Decoction . 1 cup Brown Rice . Tofu . Parsley . Raw Grated Carrot

Wednesday
Decoction . ½ cup brown Rice . Tofu . Parsley . Fruit . PawPaw

Thurs
Potassium broth . Fruit . Tea . Little Boiled Veg from Broth . Decoction . Apple . Banana

Friday
1 pear (no skin) . PawPaw . Decoction . Final Bowel Evacuation . Begin fast 9am . Lights Out

ASCENSION = Bach Flower remedy

DECOCTION = Herbs combined to clear the digestive system. Ingredients: Rhubarb Root, Burdock, Licorice Root, Fennel seed, Slippery Elm Powder, Ginger root, Hawthorn Berries. Boiled together into a thick soupy mixture.

I don’t even feel Hungry. The work is more than just research into my biology. It begins to have me consider what will happen when I create in that time . I plan to make a pony. A bowl of fruit . some animals ? and to listen to the outside environment ? to harmonise what is outside within.

POST PERFORMANCE NOTES MADE AT BUNDANON

Friday 24 October 5.12pm

I emerged from the darkness two days ago. It has been a slow and sometimes awkward return to light and the intake of food. My body is still becoming reacquainted with both even after a short time without either. My thoughts are quite mixed about the entire experience. So much and so little occurred. It was days on end on living in my head with only my thoughts to keep me company. I feel I did not make as much as I would have liked. I was overly attentive to my body. Driven by what I felt at any one time. I rested when I felt like it . pissed when I had to . lay down when I felt like it and slept when I needed to. I spent much time trying to sleep when I thought I needed to but lay there for hours staring into the darkness watching what my mind created. I saw colossal scenes of enormity I dwelt in awe until I could no longer bare it. I’d close my eyes but the visions would remain. Only when id turn my entire body averting my gaze from the fantastic hallucinations would they return to simple blackness. The scenery was reminiscent of a science fiction epic. My position was from underneath. Never did I feel I was viewing from above. I was floating in a subterranean world watching the strange planetary craft hover and rotate above me.

I was very careful to move myself around the space. Not to move too fast. If I was to black out there was only blackness to start so how would I know? I had to bathe carefully and chase away minor light leaks with gaffer tape or a quick fold of the foil that encased the windows and doors again.

I made some small creatures. I had no idea of what I was going to make. Except I was sure that work was recyclable. My friend Della asked or a pony the moment she heard I was granted the residency in 2007. I was glad to have something from which to begin. Vicki Shukuroglou told me at the artists’ drinks at the Riversdale property that I would be making food especially since I was not going to eat. A pony and food were ideas I took inside the house with me.

I just saw a cow eat and shit at the same time. I wonder if we did that once along our evolutionary journey to our present day complexity?

Artists bring material: paint, canvas, wire etc. In most cases a performance artists brings their body. It becomes the material medium with which work is made.

Interior Foil landscape is presented as research.

I had many private thoughts.